For best burning results, of your new candle it is important to burn the candle for 2 hours, which is known as the memory burn. Allowing the candle to completely melt along the edges prevents “tunneling” and improves the scent throw. Never burn a candle for more than 3 hours each session. Keeping your wick properly trimmed will keep the flame under control, promote a cleaner burn and prevent the wick from smoking.
- Trim wick to ¼ inch before lighting this will prevent the candle from smoking and will allow your candle to burn evenly.
- Always burn the candle on a leveled, stable and heat resistant surface.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended and keep the candle out of reach of children and pets.
- Always burn candles in a well ventilated room. Avoid burning the candle near drafts, vents, curtains, furniture and flammable materials.
- Extinguish a candle if the flame is too high. Allow the candle to cool and trim the wick.
- Never use water to extinguish a candle.
- Keep the wax pool clean from debris, matches and wick trimmings.
- Never handle a burning candle. Always allow to cool prior to handling.
- Discontinue use of a candle once ½” of the contents are left in the container.
- Do not burn candle if the tumbler is cracked.